Welcome to Flourishing Business
Our vision is that successful enterprises creates tri-profit: social benefits, environmental regeneration and that they are sufficiently financially viable. It does this by sustaining “the possibility for human and other life to flourish on this planet forever” – an idea first put forward by MIT Scholar John Ehrenfeld.
As our contribution to this audacious goal we want our Flourishing Business Canvas to be used widely for both non-commercial and commercial organizations. Therefore, ultimately it will be released under a creative commons license without usage restriction. The canvas is a key component of our forthcoming Flourishing Enterprise Innovation Toolkit, which will be simultaneously released with the canvas in book and other forms. But in the mean-time we would love you to:
- Experience the Flourishing Business Canvas – come to one of our talks, workshops, labs and programs delivered through our “Service Initiatives”
- Use the Flourishing Business Canvas in your organization – join our “First Explorers”
- Contribute to its further development – financially or in-kind – contact us to join our “Marquee Supporters”
- Undertake research using it – join our community of researchers
To explore how these possibilities can help you reach your goals please contact us at inquiry@FlourishingBusiness.org
About the Flourishing Business Canvas
Click on the play button for this ~3 min audio / visual introduction to flourishing (aka Strongly Sustainable) business by Core Team member Antony Upward (@aupward). This also introduces Flourishing Enterprise Innovation Toolkit that includes our collaborative visual design tool – the Flourishing Business Canvas:
License Toolkit for Free by Becoming a First Explorer
- The Flourishing Enterprise Innovation Toolkit, including the current version of the Flourishing Business Canvas is still in development
- It is NOT licensed for commercial or non-commercial use
- This is to ensure we can help you in your use of it, and help us to learn from your experience
- We ask that before use you connect with us inquiry@FlourishingBusiness.org and our First Explorer Community Animator will be pleased to help you
- When you contact us, in addition to providing you with a free “First Explorers” license for use, we can also offer a cloud based version of the canvas, additional help documentation, and some limited support
- All this in return for your commitment to openly share with us your experiences using the tool – so we can make improvements before its ultimate wide-spread and free-to-use release
We have two service initiatives underway with more in the works. We are very open to collaboration in these initiatives.
First for established enterprises: We offer for-impact investors and businesses integrated flourishing enterprise coaching, assessment, diagnosis, design, value discovery & learning services that are enabled by the Flourishing Business Canvas with related tools and methods. Learn more at www.BetterMy.biz and contact us info@BetterMy.biz to explore how we can help you create your flourishing enterprise.
Second in the startups space: We provide programming for members of the entrepreneurial ecosystem – organization encouraging, enabling and supporting flourishing startups and entrepreneurs: accelerators, incubators, co-working spaces, training and educational institutions, maker spaces, corporate innovation hubs and more. Learn more at www.Lean4Flourshing.biz and contact us at email@example.com to how we can help you enable flourishing entrepreneurs, entrepreneurship and startups.
To learn more please see:
- Our YouTube Channel Flourishing Business TV – this includes some additional background information and a case study
- Presentations on Slideshare and some earlier ones also on SlideShare by Antony Upward
- Our Peer-Reviews Academic Papers at Academia.edu by Antony Upward and other members of the core team.